YOUR WEDDING AT THE
We cannot wait to hear your love story so far and find out what you are looking for. We look forward to helping you bring your wedding plans to life.
We Plan | We Style | We Cater
Our team is a collaboration of the region’s most innovative, energetic and creative wedding planners, stylists and caterers. Born in 2006, Byron Bay Weddings was created to help couples plan their dream wedding in Australia’s most sought after wedding destination, Byron Bay. Over the years our team has grown to be the definitive home of all things weddings in the Byron region covering everything you need to enjoy the most magical day.
Our dedicated team will assist you through your entire wedding journey:
From helping you find the perfect wedding venue that suits your style, guest list and budget;
To assisting you with planning and covering all the details of your wedding
day, and by doing so taking away the stress of organising such an important
To helping you source the best suppliers to ensure your day turns out exactly how you had envisioned it.
THE ROOTS OF
THE FIG TREE
After travelling the world, Heather and Charly Devlin were looking for their little slice of paradise to call home; to raise a family and set up a restaurant.
Located on the first hill outside of Byron Bay was an old dairy farm; a rustic farmhouse, some dairy bales and a big old fig tree with a little veggie patch. “Paradise found”.
They converted the farmhouse into the restaurant and moved the cows out of the bales and made it their home.
Fast-forward a couple of decades and after years of working abroad, their son Che returned and took over in 2004. He has carried on the Fig Tree intention’s of “cooking from the land that surrounds, with love, passion and with respect to tradition.”
We look forward to welcoming you to the Fig Tree and hope you share in that same feeling of “Paradise found” that we do.
AT A GLANCE
Hosting your wedding day
At the Fig Tree we pride ourselves on creating the best possible experience for our wonderful couples.
Venue hire pricing is dependant on the day you book.
*Venue Hire in Dec/Jan & June/July is less $1000
It is a requirement to book one of the two houses when you book a wedding at the
Planning and Coordination:
Full planning and on the day coordination services.
There are six car spaces for guests who are staying. Buses need to be arranged for all other guests.
The Fig Tree includes ceremony and dining furniture, crockery & glassware and basic cocktail furniture.
Style & Hire:
Furniture and Décor to be hired exclusively through The Wedding Shed.
A GLIMPSE INTO WHAT YOUR WEDDING DAY WOULD LOOK LIKE
Let’s start by having a look at the run of your day. This ensures that every detail is timed to perfection.
We suggest bringing everything forward an hour or two in the cooler months (April to September) to make the most of the daylight & sunset times. Sunday weddings please note, music off 10.00pm and guest departure 10.30pm. Please also note that there is an additional staffing cost of $5 per guest per additional hour added with a maximum of 10 hours.
Breakfast hamper delivered to all guests staying in the onsite accommodation
Guests start to arrive. Champagne, beer and water served to guests as they arrive
Ceremony to begin
Hamper provided to the bridal party to go and have their photos taken
Bridal party arrive back after their photos and gourmet canapés are served
Guests make their way to their seat inside the restaurant
Mains are served & speeches made inside the restaurant
Sunset (dependant on time of year)
Cutting of the cake
First dance by the pool under the grapevines
Dessert table/bar open
Dancing to begin inside the restaurant
Late night feast (if you choose)
Music to be turned off and bar closed
All guests departed
FIG TREE WEDDING PACKAGE PRICING
Build your own customised quote...
For most people it's a big expense to get married. We like to be really upfront with our pricing to ensure you don't receive any surprises along the way. Please use our online quoting tool to give you an estimate on what your wedding day will cost at the Fig Tree.
Need help or have questions on how to do this? Please give us a call and we will be happy to guide you through the process
on 02 6684 7260.
ARRANGE A VIEWING
We'd love to show just show amazing the Fig Tree is in person. Sometimes photos just don't do it justice. Please get in touch if you have any questions about pricing or would like to arrange a time to come see the venue.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 02 6684 7260
FURNITURE INCLUSIONS AT THE FIG TREE
At the Fig Tree there is already a selection of neutral furniture that live permanently at the venue. This furniture works well as it is the basis on which to build your dream look. The pieces have been carefully selected and placed to ensure that each area has an initial set up for ceremony, cocktail and dining and from here, you can add more pieces and accessorise to your hearts content using The Wedding Shed for any additional needs.
30 Walnut Tuscan Chairs
4 Natural Timber Bench Seats
Dark Timber Signing Table
2 Walnut Tuscan Chairs for signing
Whitewash Trestle Tables & Walnut Tuscan Chairs
Restaurant Quality Glassware
Earthenware Plates (main & side plates)
Silver Ornate Cutlery
White Linen Napkins
4 Concrete Benches
3 Ibiza Dry Bars
12 Ibiza Dry Bars
Outdoor Lounge & 2 Low Wooden Coffee Tables
Poolside Timber Bar
OTHER FURNITURE INCLUSIONS
Leather Lounge (Inside)
White DJ Booth (Inside)
Rustic Cake Block & Cake Knife
3 Tables (Cake & Gift Tables)
Miss Mollie Caravan
Indoor Restaurant Bar
In-house Sound System & Microphone
PLANNING YOUR DAY
To help you with your wedding planning, you will have your own personal wedding planner and On the day Coordinator.
Your Byron Bay Weddings planner will lock in a series of phone calls or meetings with you to help you through all of the details in planning your wedding day. We find that phone conversations are most effective and responses a lot more efficient than emails.
Aspects such as hire items, lighting, menus, floor plans and seating charts, on the day supplier schedule, styling and logistics, are examples of areas you will cover with your planner. This is made up of more than 50 hours of correspondence between Byron Bay Weddings and yourself, enquiries, viewings, quote building, decision making, agenda adjusting, food tasting, phone chats, appointments, bookings and updates.
Every detail is considered during this time before the planner hands over to the On the day Coordinator to run everything, as planned.
YOUR CEREMONY & RECEPTION OPTIONS
There’s beautiful options for your ceremony, cocktails and reception. All options enjoy a stunning backdrop overlooking Byron Bay and under the iconic fig tree.
Under the Fig Tree
This is probably one of the most iconic ceremony locations in Australia. The old fig tree frames the ceremony area, with guests looking out over rolling green hills, Cape Byron and the Lighthouse. The ceremony area is staged on crushed white gravel.
By the pool under the pavilion
The pavilion by the pool is the perfect location for your ceremony in t
he event of wet weather. The wet weather ceremony area is framed under the grapevines and the surrounding greenery.
Inside the Farmhouse
The old farmhouse restaurant is transformed into your reception, with floor to ceiling windows none of the marvellous view is restricted.
The Fig Tree prides itself on amazing food and exceptional service, handmade cocktails and carefully prepared dishes to excite and satisfy your guests.
We source most of the produce from our own vegetable garden and orchard, with the rest coming from our neighbours’ paddocks, fields and the ocean that surrounds Byron Bay.
Each wedding couple are invited to the Fig Tree to experience the wonderful food and service with a complimentary 7-course degustation.
FIG TREE MENU - Enjoy a lavish banquet or tasting menu at your reception.
Dates book out quickly for the complimentary dining experience. We suggest booking at least 3 months in advance.
BOOK A MENU TASTING
ARRANGE A TASTING
Once your wedding is locked in, each couple is invited to the Fig Tree to experience the wonderful food and service with a complimentary 6-course dining experience with the menu designed on the day by Che and his team of international chefs.
Please note the Fig Tree is booked out at least 3 months in advance, so let your planner know what date suits.
You are welcome to try the food anytime or invite additional guests to your complimentary dining experience. Additional guests are $120PP. If there’s certain dishes that you would like to sample from the wedding menu, a specialised tasting can be arranged for you at $120PP.
BOOK A TASTING
All of our weddings are BYO. How good is that?!
All alcohol and drinks can be delivered direct to the Fig Tree for the team to put on ice. All wait staff are professionally trained and certified.
We charge an $8pp bar charge (included in your quote), which will cover complete bar set up and cocktail making.
For your ease, we will include our recommendations for quantities (based on your guest numbers) in your personalised quote. Although we are generally correct with these quantities, on the odd occasion that drinks supply is running low and more is required, our staff can purchase and collect this for you (with your permission). This service will incur a 20% surcharge to cover the additional staff time and return transport during the wedding.
ACCOMMODATION AT THE FIG TREE
Wake up to stylish luxury and unforgettable views! Retire to one of the two onsite accommodation options at the end of your wedding day celebrations. The two homes are both located either side of the Fig Tree Restaurant.
as the name suggests is an old converted dairy bale. It’s nestled under the majestic fig tree with sweeping views across Byron Bay. Sleeps 6 people (or 8 upon request).
- Three queen size bedrooms – all with own ensuite
- Master bedroom features Byron Bay views and open plan marble bathroom
- Open plan large granite kitchen
- Spacious lounge room overlooking Byron Bay
- Separate dining area adjacent to the kitchen
Sunrise is set amongst the venue’s vegetable garden. A great spot to wake up after a day or celebrations. Relax under the shade of the patio area in the amongst the lush foliage while you reminisce about the night that was. Sleeps 8 people.
- Four queen size bedrooms (two featuring views over Byron Bay)
- Master bedroom with luxurious ensuite
- Open plan granite kitchen and seperate dining
- 2 open plan living areas
- Large covered outdoor entertainment area
FINDING THE BEST WEDDING SUPPLIERS
We have searched the region far and wide to find the best of the best wedding suppliers that we love working with and who offer a very high standard of product and service.
You can find this curated list of suppliers on our website under ‘Our Tribe.’
These service providers are the best of the best and will ensure your day turns out as everything you had envisaged and more! We encourage you to use these suppliers as your go to for all your wedding needs. Chat with your planner if you need help with who out of these suppliers might be the best fit for what you are after.
MUSIC AND CURFEWS
We work with the region’s most sought after musicians and DJs and we have created a perfect formula to ensure you get to enjoy the best music and create a memorable wedding vibe throughout your entire day.
At the Fig Tree, all booked musicians must be chosen from our list of pre-approved musicians listed on our website under ‘Our Tribe’.
If you’re into live music, we suggest booking an acoustic duo/trio to play during canapé and cocktail hour. This sets the scene and vibe for a beautiful day, then later you can bust out on the dance floor to a playlist or DJ.
We encourage an early start time, with guests arriving around 1pm or 2pm for a welcome drink before the ceremony. If your wedding is outside daylight savings, this allows you to enjoy an extra couple of hours of daylight.
Want to continue dancing the night away after the wedding? Your wedding planner can help create an after party at an exclusive bar in Byron Bay.
IMPORTANT MUSIC TERMS & CONDITIONS (SHOW / HIDE)
MUSIC TERMS & CONDITIONS
STYLING YOUR DREAM WEDDING
We exclusively use The Wedding Shed for any additional items you may wish to hire to style your wedding. They offer a huge range of the latest trending furniture and décor making it easy to source quality items to bring your ceremony, dining or cocktail hour to life.
We suggest browsing their website and send a wish list through to your planner, or choose from one of the looks they have already created that work really well at this venue.
For those creative and style driven couples, who see their wedding day as the
perfect opportunity to make a statement, and possibly throw a wedding extravaganza of something new and never done before then you have the option to add on a Styling Package.
The Wedding Shed’s Styling Package provides you with full design and styling services, offering guidance throughout the planning of your wedding.
STYLING PACKAGE INCLUSIONS AND PRICING (SHOW / HIDE)
• Up to 3 personal styling consultations.
• Concept development: mood boards, colour palettes and storyboards will be created so they we can nail the look and feel of your day.
• Styling brief: through consultation with you (and online tools such as Pinterest) they will create a breakdown of all styled elements to be implemented at both your ceremony and reception.
• Decorative-related vendor coordinating and liaising in order to meet design brief. This includes florists, lighting, prop hire etc.
• Planning decorative details and installations, sourcing required materials and arranging separate quotes for their creation.
• Prop/furniture floor-plans, seating plans and venue layouts.
• On-the-day decorative styling and liaising with Byron Bay Weddings staff as well as coordination of florists and lighting.
WEDDING DAY TRANSPORT FOR YOUR GUESTS
Let’s start by having a look at the run of your day. This ensures that every detail is timed to perfection.
At the Fig Tree, there are 6 car spaces reserved for guests staying in the accommodation. Buses must be arranged for all other guests.
Your wedding transport is the first and last impression your guests will have on your wedding day, so why not get all ‘Byron’ and book the Double Decker Magic Party Bus or the more classic option, the Double Decker Red London Bus. Both pump up the tunes, getting your guests in the mood on arrival, and after departure.
Your guests will be picked up in a centralised location, and usually two or three pick up and drop off points can be arranged.
Your Byron Bay Weddings planner can help you out here, as there are so many options to suit your budget and style.
Another great tip - keep your venue a secret from your guests. It adds surprise and suspense and they have to catch the bus there anyway!
VENUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (SHOW / HIDE)
FIG TREE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Fig Tree Restaurant
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Byron Bay Weddings coordinate all weddings and events at The Fig Tree Restaurant
2. Venue hire includes access to the Fig Tree from 12 noon to 11.00pm on the day of the event. No pre and/or after parties and/or day after celebrations at the Fig Tree or theFig Tree accommodation.
3. Parking is available for events with fewer than 40 guests.
a. All other events must have prior arranged transport.
b. There are 6 car spaces reserved for accommodation guests only.
4. The Fig Tree has public liability insurance. We recommend wedding insurance for any unforeseen circumstances or force majeure that may affect your event and the performance of other supplier.
5. The Fig Tree requires a bond of $2000 as security for any cancellation fees or damage caused by your or your guests to the venue premises, the facilities or the property and any planned or unplanned miscellaneous expenses and additional costs on the day of the event. Your credit card details must be provided so that these costs may be settled on the date of the event. We will inform you of these additional expenses and you hereby authorise us and direct us to debit your credit card for those additional expenses.
6. We request that all breakages and damages to the Fig Tree by the booked party will be reported to the Fig Tree at the time of the occurrence and costs of replacement or repair, covered by you.
7. If any repairs are required during your stay, we will do our best to correct the issue as swiftly as possible, subject to availability of tradespeople and parts. There will be no refund given.
8. The curfew at the Fig Tree is 11.00pm. (10.30pm Sundays.) All guests must be offsite by this time.
9. The appearance of the grounds of the Fig Tree, its garden and the Fig Tree change with the seasons and in response to changing weather patterns. All reasonable care is taken to maintain the grounds to a high standard. The Fig Tree cannot be held responsible for weather conditions, force majeure, the effect of weather and inconvenience and cost associated with damage or delay on the party or the event.
10. The Fig Tree reserves the right to make necessary renovations and changes to the restaurant and/or accommodation and/or grounds as it sees fit and when necessary.
11. The Fig Tree, the owners and managers accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to any property owned by you or your guests, including any hire goods and equipment which the occupier or his guests may bring on to the premises and all items that are on site.
12. We reserve the absolute right and without notice to you to exclude or remove from the event or premises any person who’s behaviour is undesirable or offensive.
13. No use of or adding of nails, hooks, hanging of any item, or plugging in of equipment is permitted without prior approval.
14. The Fig Tree reserves all rights to refuse a booking and refund any payments.
15. Music & Noise
The Fig Tree is located in a rural residential area. All care and respect must be shown to the neighbouring properties. Over the years we have developed clear guidelines so that your event is a wonderful celebration and our neighbours’ peace and quiet is respected:
a. All musicians and DJs must be pre approved by Byron Bay Weddings in order to perform. All booked musicians must be listed as one of 'Our Tribe' music partners.
b. We recommend live acoustic music up until dinner and a DJ afterwards.
c. Drums & wind instruments of any kind are not permitted.
d. Live bands are limited to a maximum of a 3-piece arrangement.
e. No BYO AV equipment is permitted. If required it is sourced by BBW. The Fig
Tree has surround sound & a wireless microphone. This is for use inside the
restaurant & in the pool area.
f. The ceremony is completely unamplified (aside from vows).
g. Music performed during canapé and cocktail hour is to take place by the pool,
underneath the grapevines
h. No live music after 7pm.
i. After 7pm, a DJ or Playlist is permitted inside the restaurant, where dancing will
j. First dance can be held outside by the pool or inside the restaurant
k. For music & speeches a 94db limit is set.
l. Speeches are to be held inside the restaurant. Speeches held after 7pm will be
m. All music is to be turned off at 10.30pm (10 pm on Sunday)
The Fig Tree reserves the right to adjust the volume of any music/ speeches played on site during the event to the agreed pre-determined decibel limit.
16. Byron Bay Weddings must approve all external suppliers before being contracted. The suppliers must sign and return to Byron Bay Weddings the Supplier T&Cs at their booking stage (approved suppliers are exempt).
17. The Fig Tree does not allow any drone photography/videography, fireworks displays, wishing lanterns or helium balloons to be released.
18. You indemnify Fig Tree from and against any claim, action, suit, damages, costs, personal injury, loss, expense or liability of any kind however suffered or incurred, in respect of any loss of life, personal injury, loss or damage to property or other loss whatsoever arising as a result of:
a. Any breach of this agreement by you or your guests;
b. Any breach of the law by you or your guests; and
c. Any negligent or wrongful act or omission by you or your guests
d. EXCEPT to the extent that such loss of life, injury, loss of or damage to
property or other loss is caused by the negligence or wrongful act or omission
by the fig tree.
19. The care of minors at The Fig Tree is the responsibility of the booked party. We
recommend employing a childcare service.
20. Force Majeure event includes any event or circumstances which is in the nature of force majeure including but not limited to fire, flood, storm, accidents, plague, earthquake, riots, explosions, hostilities, labour disputes and industrial actions which prevent a party from complying with its obligations under this agreement and which that party did not cause and cannot control of influence.
21. Outdoor lighting and furniture bookings cannot be refunded in the case of wet weather.
Disclaimer: The Fig Tree does not accept liability for loss, damage, injury, delay, additional
expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events at The Fig Tree.
The Fig Tree Restaurant Accommodation (The Dairy & Sunrise House)
The Dairy has three bedrooms, suitable for 6 persons
Sunrise House has four bedrooms, suitable for 8 persons
Check in is at 2.00pm on the day of arrival
Check out is at 10.00am on the day of departure. Late check-out will incur a $150 late checkout fee.
No pre and/or after parties and/or day after celebrations unless arranged in writing by The Fig Tree.
Booking & Confirmation
1. A deposit of $2000 is required to be paid to The Fig Tree to hold a date
2. Before confirmation of a booking is given, a copy of the signed and completed Fig Tree Terms & Conditions must be received by The Fig Tree
3. The Fig Tree will email you to confirm your booking in writing
Deposits & Payments are to be paid to:
For The Fig Tree Restaurant & The Dairy Accommodation:
Account Name: The Fig Tree
BSB: 082 522
Account Number: 844 854 946
Remitter Name: (couple’s first names and date of booking) e.g. jackjill010119
The remaining balance is payable in two instalments:
1. 50% of the due balance 90 (ninety) days / 3 (three) months prior to the scheduled event.
2. The remaining balance is payable 14 (fourteen) days / 2 (two) weeks prior to the scheduled event.
Cancellations 1. Cancellations and requests for transfers of date must be received in writing 2. If a booking is cancelled more than 12 months prior to the booked date, a refund is given less an administration fee of $500. 3. If a booking is cancelled within 12 months of the booked date, there is no refund & 50% of the balance payment is due. 4. If a date is to be transferred, the following conditions apply. a. More than 12 months (365 days) prior to the original booked date, there will be a $500 administration charge and the booking will be transferred. b. All other transfers of bookings the deposit is forfeited. Please take care to do your due diligence and ask all necessary questions and confirm dates, times and details with all parties before you make your booking
GET IN TOUCH
Have questions or would like to arrange a time to see the venue? Please get in touch.
02 6684 7260